Payment & Cancellation policy
All payment transfer costs are the responsibility of the participant.
Should you wish to cancel for any reason, we will refund part of the participation fee, depending on how many days before the start date the participant cancels.
|Number of days before expected arrival||Fees refunded|
|61 days or more||100%|
|Between 60 & 31 days||50%|
|30 days or less||0%|
We recommend that you purchase independent travel insurance.
We do not make any refunds in the following situations:
- Your travel visa is rejected by the authorities, you are expelled from the country or otherwise made unable to reach the event site.
- An unusual and/or unexpected event or circumstances occur that BoardGameTravel.com could not reasonably have foreseen, including but not limited to: natural disasters, strike action, weather-related delays or cancellations.
- An unusual and/or unexpected event or circumstances occur that results in loss, damage, expense or claim of any description you suffer as a result, including but not limited to loss to life or property, including but not limited to airfare and lost luggage.
- You terminate your participation in any BoardGameTravel.com event for personal reasons once you have started your participation but prior to its completion, you are responsible for the consequences of that decision.
- We are not be able to refund expenses such as bank transfer costs, flights, visa and inoculation or vaccination costs under any circumstances.
Refunds after the start or end of an event are at the sole discretion of BoardGameTravel.com and are subject to the quality of service provided, feedback from you and reports from our staff and partners.
Participation terms and conditions
All verbal and written agreements and contracts, implied, express or specific and all conditions thereof are subject to Finnish law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Finland.
1.1 BoardGameTravel.com accepts participants in its events on the basis that they fully appreciate the inherent risks and in particular the risk of personal accident, disease and medical complications in a foreign environment. BoardGameTravel.com does not provide any medical services (such as doctors, nurses or any other medically qualified staff), other than first aid supplies, and the participant accordingly undertakes to take all reasonable care of him/herself and all others with whom he/she reasonably foresees he/she may come into contact in the event.
1.2 Participants are accepted on the understanding that general flexibility is a necessary prerequisite for the type of event that is organised by BoardGameTravel.com. Participants understand that public and private transport delays and breakdowns may occur. In addition, local regulations and protocol may be rigidly applied by regional and district officials and may result in delays. BoardGameTravel.com will use all reasonable endeavours to rectify any problems.
1.3. BoardGameTravel.com shall not be liable to a participant for any claim from discomfort or disappointment suffered from participation in an event.
1.4.Whilst BoardGameTravel.com events are advertised in good faith, participants acknowledge that the weather is unpredictable and that BoardGameTravel.com gives no representation that a participant will enjoy any particular weather conditions while participating in an event.
2. Acceptance. An event booking is only confirmed after BoardGameTravel.com receives from the participant the amount of payment specified in the notification of offer of participation in an event, which the participant agrees in accordance with these conditions.
3. Participation is subject to meeting the payment deadlines set out and to the further terms of this clause 3. BoardGameTravel.com shall be entitled to treat a participant’s booking as withdrawn and to offer his/her place elsewhere if any instalment becomes overdue.
4.1 BoardGameTravel.com will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that a participant participates in the event described in BoardGameTravel.com’s website and marketing materials, but the participant acknowledges the right of BoardGameTravel.com to change the location or other aspects of the event in order to deliver all promised elements in good faith.
4.2 BoardGameTravel.com reserves the right to cancel an event. If such cancellation occurs prior to the commencement of the event, no alternative is provided by BoardGameTravel.com and the participant has complied with all their obligations under these conditions, BoardGameTravel.com will refund the participation yfee, which the participant shall accept in full and final settlement of all claims which they may have against BoardGameTravel.com.
4.3 All information published by BoardGameTravel.com in any documentation is believed to be true and accurate at the time of publication but BoardGameTravel.com shall have no liability to a participant for any fact or instance not being in accordance herewith.
5.1 Force Majeure. BoardGameTravel.com shall have no liability to any participant to make any refund or in respect of any other loss or damage suffered by a participant as a result of the curtailment, suspension, alteration or (subject to clause 4.2) the cancellation of an event caused by and/or any other consequences of any event of force majeure occurring.
5.2 For the purposes of clause 5.1 “force majeure” shall mean fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, storm, tempest, hurricane, flood, landslide, outbreak of infectious disease, imposition of quarantine, government or other official intervention, the threat or outbreak of war, riot, civil commotion, the threat or an act of terrorism, loss, theft or damage to strategic equipment, hijacking, nuclear disaster, exchange rate fluctuations or other event or circumstance arising which is beyond the control of BoardGameTravel.com.
6.1 Insurance. Participants are required to purchase appropriate travel insurance in respect of their participation in a BoardGameTravel.com event.
6.2 The participant must ensure that the travel insurance referred to in clause 7.1 covers them for the type of activities in which the participant will be involved in the country of the event and through any other country via which the participant deploys, includes an adequate level of cover for emergency medical expenses and medical evacuation cover and provides cover in respect of such additional perils as is appropriate to the participant’s individual circumstances.
7.1 Participants must be in possession of a valid form of personal travel documentation, including but not limited to a passport and any visas and vaccination certificates required for the whole of their participation. Participants shall also obtain all other vaccinations which are necessary or desirable for the countries in which the event is held within the necessary timescales and agree to comply with all entry, immigration, customs and foreign exchange rules thereof. Specific assistance and advice will be given by BoardGameTravel.com in good faith but it is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that the correct documentation is obtained and completed and that the correct advice is obtained.
7.2 Participants agree diligently and expeditiously to discharge all instructions and duties from time to time given to them by BoardGameTravel.com and BoardGameTravel.com representatives and to comply with all Finnish law, the laws of the countries in which the event is held.
7.3 The participant acknowledges that BoardGameTravel.com shall be entitled to withdraw a participant’s participation in an event without any compensation where they have breached any of the provisions of clause 7.2 or in any other circumstances where their conduct is inconsistent with the efficient operation of the event.
7.4 Each participant shall provide complete and accurate information in all documentation and forms from time to time required by BoardGameTravel.com including comprehensive details of any relevant and pre-existing psychological or physical medical conditions, and the participant shall forthwith inform BoardGameTravel.com of any change or inaccuracy therein as soon as it arises or comes to their attention.
7.5 By making a booking with BoardGameTravel.com, the participant certifies that they are in general good health and that they are not undergoing any medication or treatment for psychiatric or physical illness. If the participant is currently or has in the past been undergoing such medication or treatment, they are obliged to notify BoardGameTravel.com at the time of booking. The participant understands that not disclosing such information could jeopardize their safety, other participants’ safety and risk their continued participation.
8. Indemnity. The participant hereby agrees to indemnify BoardGameTravel.com from and against all loss, damage and liability which BoardGameTravel.com may suffer or incur as a result of his/her act, neglect or default while participating in an event.
9. Interphase. Where a participant attends consecutive phases of an event, the participant is alone responsible for their individual safety, accommodation, food and fitness during the inter-phase period and BoardGameTravel.com accepts no responsibility whatsoever for them.
10. Liability. BoardGameTravel.com shall have no liability to participants in respect of any loss or damage suffered by or caused to them as a result of the act or default of any person or entity contracted by BoardGameTravel.com to provide any services to participants, whether in Finland or abroad.
11. BoardGameTravel.com accepts no liability for any claim for damages in respect of injury, illness or loss, including consequential and/or financial loss, which a participant may sustain during or by virtue of his/her participation in an event save for any claim in respect of any death or personal injury caused by BoardGameTravel.com negligence or that of any of its employees.
12. Complaint. A participant who has a complaint against BoardGameTravel.com should make it in writing to the senior local representative of BoardGameTravel.com as soon as the subject of the complaint arises. If the matter is not resolved to the participant’s reasonable satisfaction, the participant may make the complaint to BoardGameTravel.com headquarters, other than in exceptional circumstances within 90 days of the end of the event. BoardGameTravel.com will not, other than in exceptional circumstances, entertain a complaint following the end of an event unless it has been the subject of a written complaint to the senior local representative received during the time of the event.
13.1 No employee or representative of BoardGameTravel.com has authority to vary these conditions.
13.2 In the event of any conflict between any of these conditions and any other document issued by, or on behalf of, BoardGameTravel.com these conditions shall prevail, unless otherwise indicated in writing.
14. By making payment for a booking the participant grants and conveys unto BoardGameTravel.com all right, title and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made during BoardGameTravel.com events; waives the right to publicity regarding any of the participant’s images and likenesses as captured on film or video; and consents to the use of any of the participant’s images and likenesses for the purposes of: television, DVD, video, and other analog and digital production broadcast or release, at the discretion of BoardGameTravel.com; and advertising and marketing in various media, including, but not limited to, television, internet, outdoor, and print media, at the discretion of BoardGameTravel.com.
Terms of website use
We Hate Spam & Fraud as much as you do. BoardGameTravel.com does not share, sell, loan or give your email, name or other personal information to any one. We take the protection of your information seriously.
If you wish to Subscribe to our newsletters, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we will provide you a way to unsubscribe.
We collect information from you to help us personalize and improve your BoardGameTravel.com experience, to process your online requests, and to send you communications to which you have subscribed. You are required to give contact information (such as name and email address). We use this information to contact you about the services on our site in which you have expressed interest.
In addition, when you register for an event, we collect demographic information (age, gender, etc) for our own internal use and the internal use of partners such as hotels. This sharing of information is a quality control measure which helps insure the best matches in various event components. BoardGameTravel.com does not sell contact information to third parties.
BoardGameTravel.com does NOT collect any credit card information. Any email from BoardGameTravel.com asking you yo share such details is possibly a fraud. All credit card payments go through a third party for the express purpose of protecting you and BoardGameTravel.com from fraud and any other liability. We have performed due diligence and determined that the third party is trustworthy and responsible. Should you have any concerns about using a credit card, we encourage you to use a bank transfer to transmit funds to us.
BoardGameTravel.com is the sole owner of the information collected on www.BoardGameTravel.com. BoardGameTravel.com collects personally identifiable information from our users at several different points on our Web site.
We will send you service-related announcements when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if you register for an event, you will receive confirmation by email that a place has been reserved for you
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions sponsored by, any third party providers of goods or services found on or through our website, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party provider. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred in connection with any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties’ materials on our website.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing contacting us via this website or by contacting us by postal mail at BoardGameTravel.com, PL 125, 20101 Turku, Finland
By using www.BoardGameTravel.com and BoardGameTravel.com services you indicate that you agree to the collection and use of your personal information by BoardGameTravel.com as outlined in this policy.